Contracts & Grants Accounting (C&GA)
Our effort is to support The University of Texas at El Paso’s research and academic missions by ensuring compliance with federal regulations, state law, and university policies and procedures. We are dedicated to excellence in quality service to both our internal customers (students, faculty, staff and administrators) as well as our external customers (governmental and private agencies, institutions and organizations).
The mission of the Office of Contracts and Grants Accounting Services is to provide sound financial oversight and to process and manage the University’s federal, state, local, and private programs in accordance with the post-award agreements. CGA’s commitment is to provide responsible fiscal management of contracts and grants in a responsive and efficient manner for the overall achievement to our research community as well as to our funding agencies.
Our vision is to strive in becoming an even better service-oriented team in carrying out functions that support both sponsored projects and cost accounting, which promote and ensure the accountability of Sponsored Funds. Through professionalism, effective communication and public service, we look to further contribute to UTEP’s continuing success in realizing status as a top national research institution.
- Approve Purchase Requisitions
- Assist Departments on Budget Inquires and Reconciliations
- Billing to Agencies
- Clearing Overdrafts
- Manage Closeouts
- Prepare Various Fiscal Reports to Awarding Agencies
- Process Budget Transfer Requests
- Process Cost Share Companion Accounts
- Process Cash Advance (Participant Expense)
- Process Grants Expense Transfer Requests
- Process Receipt of Sponsor Payments
- Process Sub-Recipient Invoice Vouchers
- Review Grant-Related SNOA's for Approval
- Review/Approve Expense Reports and Non-PO Vouchers
- Setup and Maintenance of Award/Project in PeopleSoft
- Training (PIC, Cost Sharing, Transfer Requests, etc.)
You may enter a project ID or select from the drop down list, to display information